Sunday, February 6, 2011

Saying Yes To The Dress!

A little less than 3 months after we were engaged I started to get the "itch!" The itch to go and try on beautiful gowns in hope of finding the one! We started off by going to the infamous David's with my mother, future mother-in-law, aunt, and MOH in tow. I had pictures form their website and was sure I was going to find IT. The trip was very disappointing. Not only was the service horrible, I had about four different people helping me asking me the same questions over and over again, and I wasn't really thrilled about any one dress. Yes, some were beautiful but none felt like me.

We went on to a different bridal store in the area and I tried on gorgeous dresses but I didn't get "the feeling." Maybe it's from watching too many wedding dress shows where the bride tries on this dress and she begins crying and the family begins crying and she just knows that that is it! Yeah....not getting that. My mom cried when I tried on this one satin off the shoulder dress but in the back of my mind it wasn't happening. 

A week later my mom and I went alone to another bridal store. I finally came to terms that I was just going to pick a pretty dress that my mom liked and that was going to be that. I tried on a similar dress that she liked in the other store. Then the consultant brought IT out. I tried this dress on and like a light bulb something inside me went off. It was elegant, timeless, and made me glow! This is it...the dress that will make the day! Allure #8708 in Diamond white.

My Wedding Dress: Allure #8708 :  wedding wedding dress white allure dress 8708 AD2
Source
My Wedding Dress: Allure #8708 :  wedding wedding dress white allure dress 8708 Extra
Source
My Wedding Dress: Allure #8708 :  wedding wedding dress white allure dress 8708 Back Fullsize
Source
Are there any other Allure brides out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment