Monday, February 7, 2011

Cake Pulls

Here is another southern tradition that I want to get my hands on! I don't remember where I first saw it, but immediately fell in love with the idea of cake pulls. The tradition of wedding cake pulls dates to Victorian times, in which unmarried women would find their fortunes in the cake pulls. Each charm, traditionally made of sterling silver, represented a different fortune.

Cake Pulls :  wedding cake pull charms cake bridesmaid Cake Pulls
Source
Source
The problem with this is that, one of my BMs is already married with a baby, 3 of my BMs are engaged, and that leaves just one single BM. So I thought I would do some fun ones, like a hot air ballon for travel, a star for wishes come true, etc. Just another way to make the girls feel special for being apart of our day.

Has anyone else incorporated cake pulls on their wedding day? Does anyone have any pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment