Monday, February 7, 2011

DIY Save The Dates

I knew that we wanted to use our engagement pictures on our save the dates. So once we met with Chris, we looked through all of them and picked about ten of our favorites.

DIY Save the Dates :  wedding purple silver engagement diy IMG 2587

I have used a lot of graphic design programs through my major and career. So it was no surprise to me when I couldn't find anything I liked that I wanted to pay someone else to do. As soon as we received our engagement pictures back I went to work and designed a postcard in Photoshop. It took about 2 hours for me to get everything the way i wanted it. Here is the front:

DIY Save the Dates :  wedding purple silver engagement diy Postacrd Front

and the back (I used inspiration from Ms. Knitting on Weddingbee for the postcard lettering and stamp layout):

DIY Save the Dates :  wedding purple silver engagement diy Postcard Back

With having to send so many out and worried about the thickness of paper going through our printer, I ordered them through Vistaprint. They came fast and with an awesome coupon the price you couldn't beat. When they came I made some slight modifications to them. This is what they looked like when they arrived.Notice the big blocks of white on the top and bottom. Yeah they needed to go! So I used my trusty paper cutter and trimmed the top and bottoms to match the thickness of the white lines within the save the date.

DIY Save the Dates :  wedding purple silver engagement diy IMG 2589

Then I took a round corner punch and punched all the corners. Here is a comparison of the ending product and my design I received in the mail.

DIY Save the Dates :  wedding purple silver engagement diy IMG 2590

Did anyone else make their own save the dates?

No comments:

Post a Comment