Monday, February 7, 2011

DIY Photobooth Mustaches and Lips

Photobooth Mustaches and Lips :  wedding mustache lips photobooth black brown red white inspiration diy reception IMG 2692
Having just recently talked about the growing mustaches at weddings trend, I decided to jump on the band wagon and make a couple for myself! Since we are having an old fashioned photobooth at the wedding, and instead of paying extra for a box of props through them, we decided to make a couple of fun things. (Esp. since we didn't really want a lot)

Mustaches are too cute to pass up! I found a template from www.lisawelge.com and used that are the staches. As for the lips I only had an inspiration photo and just free handed them from this.

Photobooth Mustaches and Lips :  wedding mustache lips photobooth black brown red white inspiration diy reception New Image

As for supplies, I used:
- Thick felt that I picked up from Michael's (black, brown, red, and white) 2 sheets of black and brown and one sheet of red and white
- A glue gun
- A couple of dowels (get what ever thickness you think will be good for people to hold)
- Some sort of pen or marker that will draw on the felt.
I appologize that I don't have any pictures of the process! But it is really easy I swear. I found it was easiest to cut out each individual mustache. Since I couldn't see anything on the black felt, I just glued the paper with a glue stick and cut it out, then just peeled it off. It didn't leave any residue, but if it does you can just flip it.
I glued the dowel to one side of the stache, and because I didn't want the dowel showing in pictures I covered the other side. So you will have a dowel sandwhich!
I made the same amount of black and brown mustaches for variety. For the lips I did the same thing, but glue a piece of white felt in the middle before sandwhiching, so you wouldn't see through. And it looks like you have massively white chompers!

They are a little time consuming to make but so easy and cheap in the end! See, even Calvin wants a stache!

Photobooth Mustaches and Lips :  wedding mustache lips photobooth black brown red white inspiration diy reception IMG 2699

No comments:

Post a Comment