Monday, February 7, 2011

DIY Flower Girl Headband

Flower Girl Headband :  wedding flower girl flower headband white flowers diy IMG 2661

When speaking to my cute as a button flower girl she made it very clear that she wanted a flower in her hair, so she could be just like me on the big day! I am making my own hair flower and thought it would be great to make hers too. My original plan was to make a hair flower and then attach it to a comb. Then I thought of her twirling and dancing and running around and, well, being a kid. Maybe something that won't fall out so easy would be better. I had a spare clear headband laying around and thought that would do the trick! So I started off with my deconstructed flower from Michael's, a needle and white thread, the headband, and a couple of beads left over from my elementary school days.

Flower Girl Headband :  wedding flower girl flower headband white flowers diy IMG 2657

Now I can't sew for squat! I'm lucky if i can sew a button back on a shirt without using the entire spool of thread! But I did this entire project while watching Modern Family and Cougar Town...unlike Mrs. Poodle, on Weddingbee, who can make a gorgeous dress from scratch in 6 hours, but whose comparing?

Here is a picture of the flower with a couple beads sewn in the middle to give it a little something something.

Flower Girl Headband :  wedding flower girl flower headband white flowers diy IMG 2658

Yes, I used the entire flower instead of making it smaller. One, she wanted a huge flower to match me, and two, the kid has a ton of hair and I think it will look good amongst her massive head of hair. I took the finished flower and just hot glued it to the headband. And voila...a hair flower fit for the little princess!

Flower Girl Headband :  wedding flower girl flower headband white flowers diy Flower

Flower Girl Headband :  wedding flower girl flower headband white flowers diy IMG 2662

No comments:

Post a Comment