Friday, February 4, 2011

DIY Bridesmaid Dress Hangers

I ordered all of the Bridesmaid's dresses from seller katesy on Etsy. That meant they would not be ordering their dresses from a store and wouldn't have a standard hanger come with them. I wanted to do something that would be personable for them, so hence the idea for personalized hangers!


BM Dress Hangers :  wedding bridesmaid hangers dresses purple white bridesmaids dress diy IMG 2544

This was a fairly easy project and the only time consuming thing about it was waiting for the paint to dry. I started by going to Walmart and picking up a 5-pack of shirt hangers. I had some white paint laying around the house as well.

BM Dress Hangers :  wedding bridesmaid hangers dresses purple white bridesmaids dress diy IMG 2536

Before painting I put tape along the bottom part of the metal hook, to prevent paint from getting on it. I then applied three layers of white paint until I had the solid white color I was after. (Love my awesome drying apparatus; lamp from spare bedroom)

BM Dress Hangers :  wedding bridesmaid hangers dresses purple white bridesmaids dress diy Hangers

As they were drying I printed out all the girls name in the font I wanted. On the back of each slip of paper I traced their name in pencil. Then I placed the strip on the hanger and rubbed over the name to transfer the lead to the hanger.

BM Dress Hangers :  wedding bridesmaid hangers dresses purple white bridesmaids dress diy IMG 2543

After I took purple paint and painted over the lead writing. Then I took them outside and sprayed them down with a clear spray paint to protect the surfaces. And boom done, you have some nice personalized hangers for your ladies!

BM Dress Hangers :  wedding bridesmaid hangers dresses purple white bridesmaids dress diy Done

No comments:

Post a Comment