Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sawicki Studios

Lets start off by saying we LOVE our photographers! Chris and Jen Sawicki are a husband and wife team right out of Amsterdam, NY. They are exactly what we were looking for when it came to photographers. They are personable, fun, and do great work, for a very reasonable price.

Right after getting engaged we began putting some feelers out for photographers in the area. Some we liked, some we definitely didn't like, and we had a bunch of maybes. Because it would have been impossible to meet with all the people we were looking at we had to base our opinions mainly on their website, portfolios, and how their tone was reflected in their email responses...if they ever got back to us.

I left Kevin in charge of contacting Chris and Jen, and since their studio is right around the corner from where we live we set up an appointment. As soon as we walked in I just knew they were it! They were funny and answered every question we had. I think we liked them so much because they were just like us, don't take themselves too seriously and have a good time with each other, and their work reflects that. Images like this is what sold us. So without further ado, here is some yummy eye candy.










All images by Sawicki Studios
As we are talking to the two of them Jen asks me if so and so is my grandmother. Now let me say that this is not an unusual question, having 14 children everyone knows my grandmother and we are related to about half of the town. I say yes, come to find out we grew up together. When I lived upstairs of my grandmother her family lived right next door and we used to play together when we were little. Small world I know. So that was just icing on the cake, we were sold, and put a deposit down.

Did anyone else have any nice surprises when booking a vendor? Was it someone from your past and you didn't even know it?

No comments:

Post a Comment